308 W Sims Avenue
Albertville, Alabama 35950
The History of Southside Baptist Church
Southside Baptist Church was started when a tent revival was held October 14-21, 1956 at the Corner of Hyatt and Thompson Streets. Dr. Richard Crowe, pastor of the First Baptist Albertville, was the evangelist with Bro. Lester Landers directing the singing.
In 1957, the First Baptist Church Albertville appointed a mission committee, who would become the first members of Southside Baptist Church. The church met in a tent from May to November 1958.
The first church building was constructed in the fall of 1958. The church was able to conduct services in this building December 22, 1958. The second building constructed was completed and dedicated March 27, 1961. The third building constructed is now referred to as the "old sanctuary" and was dedicated July 15, 1962.
The present sanctuary was constructed and dedicated on February 21, 1999. The present fellowship hall was constructed and dedicated 2008.
Membership under the following pastors grew from a hand-full to ....... Membership is still growing and we would welcome you into our church family.
Bro Hoyt Hambrick (1958 - 1976)
Bro Ben Edmondson (1976 - 1982)
Bro Jerry Ferguson (1982 - 1985)
Bro Herbert Smith (1986 - 1999)
Dr Bobby Crawford (1999 - 2000)
Bro Earl Mitchell (2000 - 2011)0
Bro Jeff Martin (2012- present)